|Date||February 15, 2019|
Server Optimizations[edit | edit source]
- So we looked into lag, as no one likes lag. And we did something awesome, items that repeated a lot on the island (doors etc..) we found a way how to lower servers awareness of those items, and we gained a massive boost, up to 5x faster. Down bellow you can check out how the whole process went.
- Also we deployed a new master server and that means faster server list browsing!
It was a warm and sunny summer morning last April. I was sitting in my favourite sofa in the office. Thinking about SCUM. And big data. As I always do in the evenings. At one point there are 5 doughnuts on my table, and the first thought that came to me "How to eat all 5 in a most efficient way?" and then it dawned on me. Big. data. blockchain. crypto-algorithms. using cutting edge deep network machine learning methods for network replication IoT applications. And so I started to mash my keyboard (already on the third keyboard), and then it was born. Network crypto-algorithm replication blockchain. Everything that was a lot now is lot less and server runs about 5x faster. Fixed the game. The end, or is it?
New Weapons[edit | edit source]
- We added a new family member to the rifles in SCUM. The M1891, a five-shot, bolt-action rifle. It uses the 7.62x54mmR cartridge, and it can be found in military areas.
- Eder 22
- Eder 22 is a new gun that uses 9×19mm Parabellum cartridge, and you need to find a magazine if you don't want to feed the bullets 1 by 1. It can be found all around the island, but the best locations to find it are around military and police areas.
Fortify In The Name Of God[edit | edit source]
- The continental church can be fortified from now on.
Feed Me More[edit | edit source]
- As cooking is being reworked, we will need to rework some other stuff as well, for starters how our fire system works. We added a new mechanic where you can add materials to your fire so it doesn't go out. It looks something like this:
- Keep in mind that there is a cap on how long the fire burns. The one in the picture burns up to 120 minutes, and different materials add more or less time, from just a few seconds up to 60 minutes. The cap can not be pushed over. If the fire has been burning for 10 minutes and you add a material that can add 60 minutes of fuel, you will only gain 10 minutes from that material. Here is a list of items that you can use:
- Paper - 10s
- Rag stripes - 15s
- Tinder - 30s
- Gun powder - 30s
- Rags - 30s
- Improvised rope - 60s
- Tree bark rope - 60s
- Short wooden stick - 1:30min
- Rope - 2min
- Long wooden stick - 5min
- Kitchen board - 10min
- Small wooden log - 30min
- Wooden plank - 60min
- If you use an item that has uses, all uses will be depleted and the item will be destroyed
- In the future we want the fire to have a visual indicator of how long it's burning by changing the fire intensity. If the fire has just recently been lit, it's going to be big and roaring, and if it's almost burned up, you'll see a tiny flame. Those states will also impact cooking in the future.
Bug Fixes[edit | edit source]
- Fixed a bug where fame wouldn't be reduced on death.
- Fixed a bug where if you died while leaning you would respawn in the same position.
- Fixed a bug where you could exit a vehicle while beside a wall, and clip through it.
- Fixed a bug where sled would penetrate through various objects and causing issues.
- Fixed a bug where sometimes you were able to loot through walls.
- Fixed a bug where you could pick up objects and chests through walls and ceilings.
- Fixed a bug where the vehicle horn would get stuck in an infinite loop.
- Fixed clipping issues with higher FoV values.
- Fixed issue where cargo activation in events happened twice, awarding double points
Quality Of Life Changes[edit | edit source]
- Opening and closing doors now can be heard up to max 25 meters.
- Player footstep sounds have been lowered a bit.
- Added distinct sounds for switching between auto and single fire mode.
- Added additional checks for dragging items. Should fix the issue with using items trough walls because of clipping.
- Implemented scrolling trough admin command suggestions.
And Everything Else[edit | edit source]
- Various server and client optimizations.
- EAC improvements.
- Implemented server log for chat